Monday, January 4, 2016

Skiing & Snowboarding - Rocky Mountains

Hey! As I said in the post I published earlier I wanna talk about this past weekend I spent with my host family up in the mountains, I don't really have a lot to say so it's gonna be short.

We left Saturday morning and we had breakfast at Mc Donald's, we reached the place around midday. Where we went it's called Mount Princeton, it's about 2 hours from Colorado Springs. It was really amazing, snow everywhere and it wasn't that cold after all. While we were waiting for the room to be cleaned we went to the outside pool, a hot one of course. We didn't go skiing on Saturday because it was pretty far and we would have come back too late. At night we had dinner in a little town not far from the hotel. On Sunday we left in the morning for Leadville, pretty far from where we stayed. 
I actually didn't want to ski, I wasn't able to, never done it before, and I didn't have very warm clothes. I'm glad they convinced me to do because it was really fun and I liked it a lot. At first we skied, Helen, Bryan, Katherine and I. It was way easier then what I thought, I fell just once, helping Katherine getting up actually hahaha. Then since Bryan didn't like it - he does snowboard - he snowboarded and so did I. This was actually more difficult, we went down like 4 times and I fell about 15 times. At the end I kind of got it tho, I think I'll be able to do it without problems after doing it a couple more times. We'll likely go again, probably with my host sister's boyfriend and as I said there is gonna be a ski trip at the end of the month with the CCI. I need to buy some clothes hahah
By the way I'm happy, I should have skied before and I'll definitely go again in Italy! As usual here are some pictures :)

Ehi! Come vi avevo detto nel posto che ho pubblicato prima parlerò del fine settimana che ho passato in montagna con la mia famiglia ospitante, non ho molto da dire in realtà haha
Siamo partiti sabato mattina, colazione da Mc Donald's in stile americano e siamo arrivati attorno a mezzogiorno. Il posto di chiama Mount Princeton, a circa 2 ore da Colorado Springs. Il posto è veramente bello, neve ovunque e non faceva nemmeno tanto freddo. Mentre aspettavamo che la stanza fosse pulita siamo andati alla piscina all'aperto, calda ovviamente. Non siamo andati a sciare perchè saremmo tornati troppo tardi. La sera abbiamo cenato in una piccola città non lontana dall'hotel. Domenica siamo partiti la mattina per Leadville, una cittadina abbastanza lontana. Io in realtà non volevo sciare, non ero capace, non avevo i vestiti adatti. Ma mi hanno convinto e ne sono contento perchè mi sono davvero divertito. Prima abbiamo sciato, Helen; Katherine, Bryan e io. 
L'ho trovato molto più facile di quanto mi aspettassi, sono caduto solo una volta aiutato la mia sorella ospitante ad alzarsi hahaha. Poi visto che a Bryan non piaceva visto che lui fa snowboard ha cambiato e ho cambiato anche io. é stato più difficile, abbiamo fatto 4 discese e sono caduto una quindicina di volte. Alla fine però ho imparato e credo che se lo farò ancora un paio di volte sarò in grado di andarci abbastanza bene. Probabilmente andremo ancora, di sicuro qualche volta con il fidanzato della mia sorella ospitante e poi come ho detto con la mia associazione americana a fine mese. Devo solo comprare dei vestiti adatti hahaha
Comunque sono felice, avrei dovuto provare prima e di sicuro andrò anche quando tornerò in Italia. Come sempre ecco alcune fotografie :)

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment