Saturday, January 30, 2016

Snowboarding - Monarch Mountain Ski Resort

Life is learning, you never stop, you just can't. This is something I really like, I love making new experiences, meeting new people, visiting new places, expanding my knowledge, learning new languages, knowing more and more. This is definitely one of the reasons why I decided to go on exchange. This 2016 is going really good, and I'm trying to set goals and achieved them. One of them was learning the saxophone, which I succeeded at. Another one was becoming a better person, be less sarcastic, nicer, more mature.. and let's say I'm still kind of working on this one. The one I accomplished today was to learn snowboarding, and in the first place it's thanks to my host family which pushed me to try when we went three weeks ago.

Today as I told you I went to the Rocky Mountains, to the Monarch Ski Resort, with the group of exchange students from the CCI. We left early in the morning and we got back a couple of hours ago. It was one of the best days ever, I had so much fun. I had just tried a couple of downhills when I went with my host family and I wasn't really able to snowboard. Today we did it for five hours and I've learnt pretty good, I think I fell just like twice in the last hour. I really enjoyed it, I'm proud of myself... even tho my knees hurt really bad hahaha. But it was definitely worth it. 
You know, when you go on exchange you meet really great foreign students, which you get along with because you're living the same experience, same fears, same problems. I want to thank all the people I met here who helped me and became friends, and to all those who spent this fantastic day with me, this is for you. In particular I'd like to thank Federico and Andres, from Italy and Spain, which are awesome guys and we always have a lot of fun together, and especially thank you for helping me and teaching me how to snowboard today :)

La vita è apprendere, non si smette mai, semplicemente non si può. Questo è qualcosa che mi piace per davvero, amo fare nuove esperienze, conoscere nuove persone, visitare posti nuovi, ampliare la mia conoscenza, imparare nuove lingue, sapere sempre di più. Questo è senza dubbio uno dei motivi per cui ho deciso di fare questo anno all'estero. Questo 2016 sta andando davvero bene, e sto provando a porre obiettivi e a raggiungerli. Uno era imparare a suonare il sax, e ce l'ho fatta. Un altro era diventare una persona migliore, meno sarcastico, più gentile, più maturo... e diciamo che ci sto ancora lavorando. Quello che ho realizzato oggi è imparare a fare snowboard, e in primo luogo è grazie alla mia famiglia ospitante che mi ha spinto a provare quando siamo andati tre settimane fa. Oggi come vi avevo detto sono andato alle Montagne Rocciose, in un posto chiamato Monarch Ski Resort, con il gruppo di studenti internazionali della CCI. Siamo partiti presto stamattina e siamo tornati alcune ore fa. é stato uno dei giorni migliori di sempre, mi sono divertito davvero tanto. Avevo fatto solo un paio di discese quando ero andato con la mia famiglia ospitante e non ero per niente in grado di fare snowboard. Oggi l'ho fatto per 5 ore filate e ho imparato bene, sono caduto solo 2 volte nell'ultima ora. Mi è davvero piaciuto, sono orgoglioso di me stesso... anche se le mie ginocchia fanno malissimo hahahah. Ma ne è falsa la pena. Sapete, quando si studia all'estero si incontrano un sacco di studenti fantastici, con cui si va d'accordo perchè si sta vivendo la stessa esperienza, stesse paure, stessi problemi. Vorrei ringraziare tutte le persone che ho conosciuto qui, che mi hanno aiutato e con cui ho stretto amicizia, e tutto quelli che hanno passato questa giornata con me, questo è dedicato a voi. In particolare vorrei ringraziare Federico e Andres, due studenti, dall'Italia e dalla Spagna, due ragazzi davvero grandiosi con cui mi diverto sempre tantissimo, e specialmente grazie per avermi aiutato e insegnato a fare snowboard oggi :)

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment