Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Senior Breakfast & Capping Ceremony :)

"The person who's capping me is my host mom, Helen Pinto, because even though we're not actually related, she is family to me. She has always been there when I needed her, and she helped me through every difficulty. She is a great person, kind-hearted, and, even if I'm thousands of miles away from my country, she can always make me feel at home. Thank you for everything you have done and for always being at my side".

This morning I went to Senior Breakfast, a meeting for all the seniors and their parents where we have breakfast together and the Capping Ceremony takes place. I chose my host mother to cap me and the paragraph above is what I wrote and what was read during the ceremony. In the ceremony they call your name and you go up on stage with the person you chose and while a counsellor reads your Capping Statement, this person put the cap on your head. It's a symbolic action: you choose  special person who helped you through high school to put the cap on you, which stands for maturity, and symbolise the end of your high school career. The day of graduation you will wear that cap and on stage by yourself where you will be given your diploma. It was a really nice experience, definitely a important event in my american life. As always, here are some picture. I'll write soon to talk about Prom :)

"La persona che ho scelto per pormi il cappello della maturità è la mia madre ospitante, Helen Pinto, perchè anche se non siamo davvero parenti, è di famiglia per me. C'è sempre stata quando ne avevo bisogno e mi ha aiutato ad affrontare ogni difficoltà. È una grande persona, di buon cuore, e, anche se sono a migliaia di chilometri dal mio paese, mi può far sempre sentire a casa. Grazie per tutto quello che hai fatto e per essere sempre al mio fianco"

Questa mattina c'è stata la Senior Breakfast, un incontro per tutti gli studenti all'ultimo anno e per i loro genitori, dove si fa colazione tutti insieme e si fa la Capping Ceremony. In questa cerimonia si pone agli studenti il cappello della graduation, l'equivalente della maturità. Ogni studente deve scegliere una persona speciale che sia stata importante e lo abbiamo aiutato durante la scuola superiore. Io ho scelto la mia madre ospitante. Poi doveva, scrivere un paragrafo che viene letto mentre la persona scelta ti pone il cappello; quello appena sopra è quello che io ho scritto per Helen. Porre il cappello è un'azione simbolica, il cappello sta per maturità e rappresenta un percorso che si conclude. Il giorno della graduation ogni studente camminerà da solo sul palco dove verrà consegnato il diploma. È stata un'esperienza davvero bella che ha preso parte delle mia avventura americana. Come sempre, ecco alcune foto. Prossimo post sarà sul Prom, il ballo di fine anno :)

Michael

2 comments:

  1. Bruh thats like crazy epic pants :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Flolcow.farm%2Fsnow%2Fsrc%2F1524506391621.jpg&f=1

    ReplyDelete